- Application Programming Interface (API)
- A set of programming codes that allows unrelated applications or computer programs to communicate with one another. APIs are commonly used by businesses to link their product or service to external parties such as business partners.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- A broad field of computer science focused on developing machines to mimic intelligent human behavior.
- The use of technology to perform tasks with minimal human intervention. Automation does not only free up human resources to focus on higher-level tasks, but it also provides other benefits such as increased production output, increased reliability, and increased customer satisfaction.
- Big Data
- Data sets that are too large and too complex for a traditional data-processing method to manage. These data sets are growing rapidly with time and are transmitted from various sources.
- A message that is sent to all chatbot subscribers.
- Chatbot Experience
- An overall impression a user has of a communication from the beginning to the end of a chat.
- A chatbot based Beauty and Wellness Management and Booking software by MakeBot®.
- Deep Learning
- Type of machine learning based on artificial neural networks. These networks imitate the human brain’s structure and function by learning from large amounts of data resulting in greater prediction and higher accuracy.
Examples of deep learning:
Chatbots and service bots
- Hybrid Chatbot
- A combination of human agents and a chatbot. A hybrid chatbot allows agents to intervene when needed.
- Monthly Active Users
- Commonly used key performance indicator (KPI) to measure the level of engagement, refers to the number of unique users that engage with a product or service in the last 30 days.
- Multilingual Chatbot
- A chatbot that offers multiple language support to its users.
- Where chatbot is deployed on, sometimes referred to as a channel.
Examples of Platform
– Facebook Direct Messenger
– Instagram Direct Messenger
- Sentiment Analysis
- Technology for interpreting and sorting text data as positive, negative, or neutral. This allows a chatbot to identify customers’ attitudes towards a product or a service.
- Software Integration
- Process of combining various types of software subsystems to build a unified single system.
- Turing Test
- A test developed by Alan Turing to determine whether or not a machine is able to think like a human being.
- Virtual Agent
- Interchangeable term for chatbot.